I am very honored to be your new President and will work diligently to provide the leadership entrusted to me.
On behalf of myself and the Executive Committee members, special thanks goes to William Snyder, our immediate past President and Mike Lorton, immediate past Treasurer for many years of dedicated, effective service and support to the Guild. Also, congratulations to the Focus Committee, chaired by Sarah Ellena Hogrefe, for their enthusiasm to infuse new energy and vision for our future.
The Guild’s continued support for activities over the past year included:
- The Metropolitan Opera National Council, Georgia District and Southeast Region Auditions
- Scholarships for students studying voice, nominated by their Universities
- The Harrower Summer Opera Workshop at Georgia State University
- The Capital City Opera Company
- The Opera Studio of the Atlanta Opera
- Peach State Opera Company
- Focus Committee Guild Gatherings
- The Guild’s Annual Holiday Party
One of the joys of being your President will be getting to know each of you better. As Bill Snyder coined the phrase, “We ARE the Guild. Let’s be proud of what we do, let’s have fun and let’s enjoy the wonderful world of opera.”
W. (Dwight) Coleman, President
The Opera Guild for Atlanta